Road Rules: Christoph Schneider, Rammstein

• (Interview mit Christoph Schneider in der Kerrang!)

1. Cherish Privacy

"Of course you like everyone on the tour, but if you see them every day, then it's nice to have contact with other people. We are lucky, we can stay in different hotels from each other if we want, we can have our own rooms backstage too, so there's a lot of privacy. Sometimes we only see each other onstage. It's not that we don't like each other anymore, it's just nice to have some privacy if it's available. It can be hard if you're in the same bus or room all day long. You start to argue, especially if you know each other as well as we do. In fact, we know each other so well, we don't want to know anything more."

2. See The City

"It can be difficult if you are on a tight travelling schedule and you don't have any time to see the city you're in. Usually we do have that time, though. We tend to get hotels in the centre of the city and so we go out and get a feel for the place. I couldn't imagine just sitting on the bus all day then going inside the venue because they all kind of look the same. I went out to Soho in London [last time the band were in the UK], for example, and had a very nice lunch."

3. Wind Down

"When you come offstage, you're full of adrenaline and really excited from the crowd. I love being onstage, that's the essence of playing music. All the other things can be kind of annoying. So it's not an easy thing to just pack up your stuff and go to a hotel after you play. It's nice to hang around and maybe go to an aftershow party because that's the only moment in the day you can talk to people who aren't involved in the tour."

4. Party From Time To Time

"We don't get invited to quite as many strange parties as people think. If you want to go to those sorts of parties, you need to know certain people and have certain contacts. We hardly ever know what's going on. Having said that, we do meet the right people occasionally and so we do go to some extraordinary parties. It almost always happens in places like Moscow. What happens there? I don't want to go into it."

The Soundtrack To My Tour

"Heads Will Roll"- Yeah Yeah Yeahs

"I really love this song. It reminds me of Public Image Ltd.'s 'This Is Not A Love Song'. In fact, to me, it sounds like it has the same chords. Maybe that's why I like it."

"Lift Me Up"- Moby

"I missed this when it first came out, but I really think it's a good song. I like artists who do something unique. I'm not so focused on genres."

"Stranger In A Strange Land"- 30 Seconds To Mars

"'Stranger In A Strange Land' is a really good song, but I can't listen to the whole record."